Pain in the joints is a common ailment, especially for aged persons, among which pain in the elbow is common for people of all age groups. Elbow pain should not be ignored, and instead you must seek medical attention of any Orthopedic specialist in India, like Dr Niraj Vora. According to him, the common causes of pain in the elbow are:
- Bones – Over stressing of the bones in the elbow can be one of the causes, where, the bones are stressed due to pitching and other activities which causes strain on the bones.
- Tendons – Degeneration of the tendons at the elbows takes place at old age due to the nature of activities that involves the tendons to work. Tennis elbow is one of the common elbow pain experienced by people of older age.
- Cartilage – Over stress of the cartilages at the elbow, mainly due to overhead sports, can be one of the causes of pain in the elbow. According to dr niraj vora, a Specialist in Joint Replacement Surgery, if this problem is not addressed immediately, it can be devastating.
- Nerves – The nerves running down the hands, crosses he elbow, and due to over stress, these nerves to be compressed or injured to over stressful activities, which may be one of the causes of elbow pain.
- Ligaments – Traumatic injury to the ligaments at the elbows due to overhead sports like volleyball, javelin throwing, etc can cause debilitating pain in the elbow.
Other causes of elbow pain include ulnar collateral ligament injuries, Osteochondritis Dessicans, triceps and the biceps, Little Leaguers Elbow and Ulnar Nerve. Modern elbow pain treatment methods for elbow pain are available in India, with renowned pain specialists and Total Hip Replacement Surgeon Mumbai, available for consultation and treatment. Treatment of elbow pain includes injections, therapy and rest. While most of the pain in the elbow can be treated easily, especially with any Specialist in Joint Replacement Surgery being available, there may be situations here the debilitating pain assumes great proportions. In these cases, invasive methods are required, like surgery, to provide permanent relief.
It is advisable to consult a doctor, especially any Orthopedic Specialist in India if the pain in the elbow persists, to avoid the aggravation and devastating effects. Dr. Niraj Vora is available for consultation on prior appointment, which can be done through his website, http://drnirajvora.com/.